Sunday, February 21, 2010

God is great

I have had a really good weekend. Good times on Friday and Saturday night with great people. Downtown Clemson is always a good time except for the fact everything closes at midnight on Saturdays (I know LAME). I realized though that I have had a lot of fun these past two years and met some really awesome people to have that fun with :)

We are on our way somewhere... not sure where but apprently we are EXCITED!

I went shopping in Anderson yesterday and spent way too much money. But hey I bought a really cute suit, two dresses (one for the conference next week and the other for my bridal shower), and a super cute shirt. All in all its good sometimes to spend too much money on things you need. In my personal opinion, retail therapy ROCKS!

My new navy suit :)

I was really blessed by church this morning. The message was all about the purpose and meaning of Lent. In my youth, I never understood Lent and I'm pretty sure most adults around me didn't either. Most people would just say "I'm giving up ___" and that to me was what Lent was about. I learned today that the 40 days of lent mirrors Christ's 40 days in the desert where he fasted and prayed. Christ was preparing for his ministry and to do that He spent sacred time with his Father. In the same way, Lent is supposed to be 40 days of cleansing, prayer, and meditation to strengthen our relationship with God and prepare for Easter!! Giving up something for Lent is supposed to be cleansing and a way to concentrate more on God just like Christ fasted for 40 days to prepare his soul for his ministry. YAY for learning something new at church :)

St. Patrick's Cathedral in Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment